Has the time come to get rid of the "delivering" of public headers?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Feb 22 11:29:46 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 18:26 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Personally I take these claims about the horrible performance of
> Windows (itself, not just Cygwin) doing this or that with a grain of
> salt.

	Agreed :-) I think a chunk of this folk wisdom may be a horrible
anachronism from the time when StarDivision's build system would build
over the network, such that every stat of a file in a directory was a
network latency away, instead of some (hopefully fastish) local
file-system lookup.

> But oh well, on the other hand I certainly am not
> interested enough to do any actual benchmarking. Whatevers.

	So - I suggest we do what is pretty and pleasant, and then profile it
and re-think if it turns out to be extremely slow :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.