const*const - what is the purpose of this?

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Thu Feb 23 02:39:32 PST 2012

Thanks for the link, but that doesn't explain the usage.

As I read it, the FindTable declaration means that the data-structure
pointed to is read-only, and that the pointer value itself is also
read-only.
But making a pointer value read-only is something only useful to the
internals of a method, and should make no difference to the API signature.