Trying to understand why LO seems freezed for some seconds when a module is started

Tommy barta at
Sat Feb 25 08:21:34 PST 2012

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:22:44 +0100, julien2412 <serval2412 at> wrote:

> Yes I had language-tool enabled in autogen.lastrun.
> So I removed it then did :
> - ./
> - make dev-install
> - removed LO profile
> But I saw no difference :-(
> Either what I did is not sufficient to take this change into account
> (perhaps I should run "make clean && make")
> or the cause is something else as Tommy (see in this same thread)
> suggests.
> Julien.
> --

do u have many autocorrect entries as well?

as I said before in my experience OOo/LibO performances gets worse when
you have a lot of autocorrect items.

try with a fresh installation of LibO or download the portable versione
 from here:

do you still see that freeze at first start?