Trying to understand why LO seems freezed for some seconds when a module is started

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Mon Feb 27 03:45:04 PST 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:49:09 +0100, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-02-25 at 17:21 +0100, Tommy wrote:
>> do u have many autocorrect entries as well?
>> as I said before in my experience OOo/LibO performances gets worse when
>> you have a lot of autocorrect items.
>
> 	Dezsi has a patch to fix the horrible slow-down when selecting large
> autocorrect lists, from minutes to seconds ;-) but he didn't post it
> last week.
>
> 	Are there other instances / operations where big auto-correct lists
> cause horrible slow-downs that you know of ? and/or is there a tracker /
> bug about this ?
>
> 	Thanks !
>
> 		Michael.

I've seen dezsi patch right now and I asked to cherry pick to 3.5.1 or .2

As I told before, the big list of autocorrect has effects on the loading
time of the replacement table (that dezsi just fixed)
and also on the starting of each module when you first write something...

i write a word then hit space... the cursor seems frozen for 5 to 9
seconds (depending how fast is the machine i'm working with)
and then moves to the space and let you write other words.

if I use a virgin setup of OOo/LibO without my user profile I do not see
that freeze