Most elegant way to disable all BASIC functionality?

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 07:27:27 PST 2012

Hi Tor,

On Sunday, 2012-02-26 16:27:33 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> For the iOS port, no BASIC-related functionality can be present if we
> want apps using the code to be allowed in the App Store. What would be
> the most elegant way (least ifdefs to clutter the code, etc) to
> achieve this?

If this is only about no BASIC should be executed, there's the
configuration setting behind Tools->Options->Security, Macro Security.
If Security Level is set to Very High and no paths are added to Trusted
Sources, then no BASIC is executed at all (which btw I strongly
recommend as a developer loading bug documents from external sources).
So maybe hard-wiring that setting for the App-Store and not offer the
dialog would be enough?

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD