cross-compile / make clean ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at
Mon Feb 27 14:16:45 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at> wrote:
> I just had a nasty build failure in soltools/ that defied
>        make soltools.clean
>        It seems that removes only the host build output tree but leaves the
> build one intact; is that deliberate ?
>        It'd be rather nice if it junked both IMHO :-)

gb_Side=build make soltools.clean

the problem is that the top level makefile does not know which module
are needed on the 'build' side.
furthermore that list is potentially platform dependent...

It might be possible to add a systematic gb_Side=build cleaning for
all modules if we are in a cross-compile situation...