JUnit sc_complex fails in Localized enviroment

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 08:05:44 PST 2012

On 02/28/2012 11:38 AM, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> Let me take this over. I think that we might miss a step in our java
> tests that forces the some parts of formulas. We had problems with
> this already in our c++ based tests but were able to force them to
> en-US too.
>
> I think this might be another case that we need to force it like in
> test/source/bootstrapfixture.cxx:95 and 96

Not sure if something like that can also be done from remote (which
would be necessary for that sc_complex test).  Setting LC_ALL within the
relevant makefile is possible, but can get nasty wrt multi-platform.
(Another option would be to migrate that test from a qadevOOo based one
to a single-process one.)

> IMHO it is not a good idea to change the tests so that they no longer
> use the sheet names because we have them all over the place and it
> will make the test code more complex tha necessary.

That would of course keep the test failing for the OP with --with-lang
lacking en-US.  Not sure if we want to support that, though.

Stephan