Trying to understand why LO seems freezed for some seconds when a module is started

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 03:07:07 PST 2012

Le 28/02/12 11:56, Michael Meeks a écrit :

Hi all,

> 	It'd be great to get a bug opened to collect the detailed information
> on this. Clearly we don't want such delays when you start typing.

Just to add my 2c worth, I can also confirm that this happens on Mac
too, and always on first data entry, i.e. when the keys to type
something in are first pressed, be it a document, a filename entry,
renaming in a dialog, etc. On Mac, you get a nice spinning beachball for
a couple of seconds, then LO suddenly springs to life and enters the
characters that have been typed in (or at least those that made it into
the buffer).

Alex