unhandled exception / abort etc. ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Feb 29 22:55:02 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 21:02 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 02/29/2012 05:58 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	And no crash handler. I guess I have a linkoo'd build perhaps something
> > there is causing grief.
>
> Does not sound completely unlikely.  I routinely use --disable-linkoo.

	Tried another install with no linkoo, and ooenv oddness - same
behaviour:

./soffice /tmp/crash-test.odt
Crash !
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc

	Ho hum; then I tried to inject something suitable into the
3.4 product build installed on my machine:

// g++ -lpthread -shared -fpic -g -O0 -o libthrow.so a.cxx
// LD_PRELOAD=libthrow.so ...
// gdb / attach
// set unwind-on-terminating-exception off
// p throw_toys_from_pram()

#include <new>

extern "C" {
void throw_toys_from_pram (void)
{
  throw ::std::bad_alloc();
}

}

	Of course, prolly gdb is a complicating factor here - but I got:

(gdb) p throw_toys_from_pram()
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc

	Which at least looks hopeful :-)

	Perhaps I've just not been noticing a silent save & exit -
due to having trivial docs, and the disable recovery settings in ooenv :-)

	I guess that is the real cause of the confusion :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.