[Libreoffice] [libreoffice-l10n] Re: [Libreoffice-qa] Online update service up & running

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Jan 3 07:15:42 PST 2012

Hi Olivier,

[taking this rather to the dev ML :-)]

On 2012-01-03 at 07:06 -0200, Olivier Hallot wrote:

> I guess LibreOffice will send a ping to a given URL and get a response
> that a new version is available.

Yes.

>  I affirmative, can this URL be placed
> in a configuration (XML) file (so that special deployments can handle it)

Yes, the check URL can be changed in the configuration - see UpdateURL
in program/version{rc,.ini}

> Also, as far as I remember, OpenOffice had a download interface for the
> new version. Are you going to reactivate it? I would also like to let
> special deployments to handle the download URL in a XML file.

Download interface, like that it downloaded the version when available,
and just offered the user to install it when she wants?  The code that
handles this is still there, but I don't provide this on the server side
as I think this is too intrusive, and potentially dangerous for people
who are still on dial-up.

Or did you mean something different?

Regards,
Kendy