[Libreoffice] [Patch] [Review 3.5 - Late Feature] Improved copying between different calc documents

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:04:48 PST 2012

Hey,

I propose this patch as a late feature. It improves our handling of
references when we copy between different documents. Our old behavior
was wrong as it did rely on the sheet index and did not update the
references correctly. We now copied Excel's behavior and transform
absolute sheet references to external references if they do not point
to a copied cell. This behavior respects that marking a reference as
abolute should always point to the same cells.

The patch includes a small new feature, external references to unsaved
files. This is necessary because we can not gurantee that the source
document is already saved. The reference to the unsaved document is
transformed to a normal external reference as soon as the original
document is saved. If you save a document with references to an
unsaved document you get a warning message that you loose data and if
you confirm the document is saved.

The patch should mainly affect copying between different documents and
add the support for external references to unsaved files and should
not affect other areas. You can test this feature already in master
where this feature has been added some time ago.

Regards,
Markus