[Libreoffice] Doxygen for C/C++ URE Documentation

Hanno Meyer-Thurow h.mth at web.de
Wed Jan 4 10:28:19 PST 2012

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 17:01:32 +0100
Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 01/04/2012 04:35 PM, Hanno Meyer-Thurow wrote:
> > On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 15:57:58 +0100
> > Stephan Bergmann<sbergman at redhat.com>  wrote:
> >> On 01/04/2012 03:58 PM, Hanno Meyer-Thurow wrote:
> [...]
> > Doxygen won't be shipped with LO source like all the other 3rd parties?! Interesting ...
>
> God no!

Hmm, quite strange to me but o well ...

> >> And what do you mean with "generate the documentation anyway"?
> >
> > If doxygen is there, you can use it anyway.
>
> Which happens with the implicit --with-doxygen=yes (i.e., pick doxygen
> from path) option.

Hmm, that kind of "evil" automagic I do not like ...

> >> I'd say these are rather unrelated, so would prefer not to combine them.
> >
> > One kind of help for a developer is what doxygen generates I would say.
>
> But it would be odd if generation of HTML docu for SDK C++ stuff were
> controlled by --with-help while generation of HTML docu for SDK Java
> stuff were not.  And an SDK w/o docu makes little sense, so generally
> controlling generation of HTML docu for any SDK stuff via --with-help
> does not look right, either.

... and ending in this mess. That should be fixed in one or another unified way.

	"... an SDK w/o docu makes little sense ..."

Sure, like I said in the beginning, enforce the tool(s) for docu generation;
always(case: odk enabled) and for any SDK (C++, Java, Python, etc ...).
In the sense of keeping it simple.

	"... controlling generation of HTML docu for any SDK stuff via --with-help
	  does not look right ..."

Mind the "... or so?!" part of mine. Feel free to use '--with-developer-help' or
something like that. I just did not like the flag named after one tool that is subject
to change in future and surely for other SDKs.

I still do not like the extra flag. Well, it is just me ... ;)

Or leave it to pure automagic with configuration notice.

Or add that doxygen flag, just another funny flag.

Should the configure flags not be reduced and/or simplified?
I thought there was something like that on the list before ...

Hanno