[Libreoffice] [Patch] [Review 3.5 - Late Feature] Improved copying between different calc documents

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Wed Jan 4 11:14:56 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 13:44 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 12:33 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> > As far as the behavior goes, you have my approval.
>
> Actually I take that back.  There are some weird behaviors that I don't
> like.  I'm playing with it right now using the master build...
>
> I'll report back later.

Ok.  I've played with it in-depth.  The weird behavior that I noticed
(that turns absolute references into external reference) happens only
when the original reference consists of all absolute references (sheet,
row and column) and references another sheet.  Once you understand why
it does that, it becomes logical.

This new behavior may be complex to the unsuspected at first.  But
copying formula with references between two separate documents itself is
in fact quite complex operation with many corner cases, so I think the
complexity of this new behavior is perhaps warranted.

I'll give my approval to this feature once again.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc