[Libreoffice] Removing LibO on Windows ...

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 06:01:39 PST 2012

Michael Meeks-2 wrote

>  	I was wondering if (just before the string freeze) we could try to
> improve this string / message to make it much more verbose and helpful.
> Preferably to include some text about the 'system tray' or the
> "Tools->Options->Memory->Enable systray quick-starter" item.

Maybe this project should consider if it makes any sense to have a
"quick-starter" loaded any way...

This is a Default option which needlessly (and without asking the user)
loads a heavy module at startup.

IMO this doesn't make any sense: if your PC is low spec you don't _want_
this; if your PC is high spec you don't _need_ this

This was a marketing stunt to show how fast MS Office loaded on "first use"
Obviously your PC would take longer to start (but they never mentioned that
;) )

<Provocation mode>Even Microsoft has stopped loading the Office Startup
Application...</Provocation mode>

Unless there is some other logical reason for using this, IMO LO should get
rid of it.