[Libreoffice] Calc : add carriage return via Ctrl+Enter in the "Formula bar"

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Fri Jan 6 08:02:49 PST 2012

Hi Mathias,
A little late in replying, just getting through the backlog of the post
Christmas vacation mail backlog
On 24/12/11 01:04, Mat M wrote:
> Hello Noel,
>
> Le Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:27:29 +0100, Noel Power <nopower at suse.com> a
> écrit:
>
>> On 12/12/11 14:39, Maxime de Roucy wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I checked with a recent master build on Archlinux and it works
>>> perfectly :-).
>>> I also checked with the 3.5 beta on Windows XP but the behaviour of
>>> Ctrl
>>> +Enter changed. Now it switch the auto-wrap mode.
>>> I don't know if it's normal or not ...
>>>
>> It is intentional, since now it displays multiple lines ( even if
>> there is only space for 1 )
>
> It is not related. Auto-wrap tells the text to not overlap the next
> cell on the right. I may want to have multiple lines in my cell and
> still want to overlap next cells rather than having it wrapping.
> I think once 3.5 is release, some issue will be raised for this.
I think ( hope ) you are confused about what we are talking about here.
I assume ( hopefully correctly ) that Maxime is talking about the
auto-wrap behaviour of the inputline of the formula bar and not the
auto-wrap behaviour of the cell content ( whether the text overlaps into
the next cell etc. ) which of course should not have changed at all.

thanks,

Noel