[Libreoffice] Change in addition for date handling (intentional change??)

Andrew Douglas Pitonyak andrew at pitonyak.org
Fri Jan 6 13:39:20 PST 2012

On 01/06/2012 11:48 AM, Noel Power wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Apologies for the late reply, just back from vacation and now trying
> to chip away at the mountain of mail backlog
>
> On 01/01/12 16:01, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
>> Thanks for checking.... Will wait and see what Noel has to say...
> I say "I don't know" :-)
> hmm I think I dropped the ball with this, I seem to recall promising
> Tor I would look into this WAE. I suspect that indeed this is a simple
> mistake where a 'break' has unintentionally found its way into the
> code. I remember wanting to:
> a) try and find the orig patch to see if this was part of it ( or some
> failed cleanup that I added )
> b) dig out some tests to ensure that the currency work still worked if
> we applied the change.
>
> Note: the orig commit here not mine but a fine contribution from John
> LeMoyne Castle ( unfortunately I forgot the --author switch when
> committing although the comment credits him )
>
> I will look into it,
>
> thanks,
> Noel
Thanks for looking.

Off hand, I might be inclined to simply move the code back to its
original location, which would set the behavior back to letting math
with dates return dates, rather than just specific operations (which is
not even supported now).

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php