[Libreoffice] UI disaster on Windows: soffice -h

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 01:35:47 PST 2012

Hi Andras

Andras Timar wrote

> 1. Dialog is not localisable. Help text comes from const char arrays
> in desktop/source/app/cmdlinehelp.cxx
> 2. Help text is clipped, there is not enough room on the dialog.
> 3. If I resized the dialog, it would not fit on a 1024x768 screen.
>
> I wonder, if we could fix this before UI freeze on Monday. I need your
> input regarding how to present this information to users.

I would say disaster is a pretty strong word :) In fact if no one noticed or
complained until now, it means it is a pretty obscure (though interesting
and useful) feature.

1. Making it localisable and getting l10n for all available languages before
Monday seems unrealistic. Which doesn't mean that it shouldn't be tackled
ASAP
2. That is indeed annoying but adding l10n to that will only aggravate the
problem :)
3. Actually I think LO should use as the minimum reference 1024x600 (the
screen resolution of a 10" netbook)

HTH,
Pedro