[Libreoffice] Doxygen for C/C++ URE Documentation

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:34:26 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 09/01/12 15:51, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
>
> Hi Christian,
>

>> It is only required if you want to build the documentation from the
>> source-files. So for release-builds: yes, it is required. For the
>> casual developer: No, not required, and you don't usually build the
>> SDK in that case at all.
>>
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Install_Mac_OS_X_Dependencies#But_I_want_to_build_the_UNO_SDK
>
> Ah, thanks for that, most useful, but doesn't the SDK need to be built
> if you are building extensions, [...]

Yes, and that's why I wrote it is required for release-builds. But
unless you publish your LibreOffice SDK/ODK package for download, then
you are free to build the ODK without generated documentation.

So when you build you can:
* skip building the SDK/ODK altogether: --disable-odk (that's what
most devs will use, along --disable-binfilter)
* build the SDK/ODK, but without generated documentation:
--without-doxygen The resulting package is perfectly fine for your
personal use and will work to develop extensions, but doesn't contain
the html-documentation and hence not suitable for distribution.
* build the SDK/ODK with the generated documentation: Only this
requires doxygen installed on the buildsystem.

An extension developer doesn't need to build LibreOffice - he/she can
just download the SDK from www.libreoffice.org and won't need doxygen.

ciao
Christian