[Libreoffice] announcement: --enable-mergelibs now makes a little sense

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 05:50:35 PST 2012

Hi all, Michael,

So, finally, It's possible to create merged lib, which is little
bigger then the biggest library now: sc (at least for me).
The list of merged libraries is in
solenv/gbuild/extensions/pre_MergedLibsList.mk .

If you want to add more, you could add sfx, sb, fwe, fwi, fwk, the
problem is discussed here:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/merging-libraries-problem-with-multiple-definitions-td3617486.html
And as the tail_build is growing there could be more merged.

It builds for me on Linux and also LibreOffice runs, I did not test much.
It should be easily possible to use --enable-mergelibs also on other platforms,
you will just need to add more libraries for linking in ./Library_merged.mk .

I'm not sure how much it's quicker now to start LibreOffice, probably
just a very little.
But Michael is looking forward to use also --enable-lto, which is
probably not possible now because of gcc errors.
We will see.

Thanks all for cooperation,

Matus