[Libreoffice] npshell build / functionality [was: Re: Tinderbox failure, last success: 2011-12-05 19:05:50]

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 07:14:19 PST 2012

On 10/01/12 15:17, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
>> perhaps MSVC complained that the
>> SAL_DLLPUBLIC_EXPORT is just in the wrong position or something, can you
>> investigate?
>
> Nope, this was about 'different linkage', like:
>
> d:/master/extensions/source/nsplugin/source/npshell.cxx(446) : error
> C2375: 'NPP_New' : redefinition; different linkage
>         D:/master/solver/wntmsci12.pro/inc\npsdk/npapi.h(788) : see
> declaration of 'NPP_New'

that is an error, not a warning?  damn, who wrote that stupid header...

> I am afraid that the .def file is needed for Windows :-( - because to
> get that right, we would need to change the npapi.h header too; or is
> that actually simpler than using the .def file in gbuild?

well the .def file is only for Windows, we don't have anything in gbuild
to convert between a bunch of different map file formats like the old
build system could because we're trying for "less insane"...

so something like #ifdef UNX SAL_DLLPUBLIC_EXPORT would be needed...

on the other hand the npapi.h header is checked into git, does not come
from a tarball, and has already been modified; i wonder if editing that
to add dll-exports is the easiest way to fix this?