[Libreoffice] Communicating between a .doc and a hosted database

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Jan 11 01:35:46 PST 2012

Hi Alec,

On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 16:56 +1100, Alec Taylor wrote:
> I am generating reports, but they are related to advertising, so I
> want people to be able to edit the document with there own formatting
> and images + whatever.

	This is a developers list; it seems like you want to post your
questions to the user's list instead:

	Unfortunately the users lists is rather difficult to use; there
are really a couple of ways to do it. You could try to send a mail to:

	users at global.libreoffice.org

	hope it is moderated through; and then watch for a reply on
the relevant web page:
	http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.user

	Failing that, the preferred way to get an answer in your inbox
is to follow these steps:

	a) Send an E-mail containing the word "Subscribe" to:
		users+subscribe at global.libreoffice.org
	b) wait for a reply with the confirmation token
	c) reply to the confirmation token accepting joining the
	   mailing list
	d) now re-send your question to:
		users at global.libreoffice.org
	e) fetch your mail, and delete all the voluminous mailing
	   list traffic you are not interested in to manually filter
	   out the answer to your mail.
	f) when you have your answer - un-subscribe from the list by
	   sending a blank mail to:
		unsuscribe-users at global.libreoffice.org
	g) confirm the un-subscription mail you get.

	Thanks,

		Michael.