[Libreoffice] [REVIEW][3-4] date change regression fdo#44385

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Fri Jan 13 01:51:33 PST 2012

On 12/01/12 22:27, Michael Stahl wrote:
> looking at the change, i notice that now it is independent of the
> operation being performed, while the code that was originally removed
> in adcba12537d047f5ad65334b65512615311cf872 checked for addition only
> (as the comment says):
>> -                    // #45465 Date needs with "+" a special handling
>> -                    if( eOp == SbxPLUS&&  (GetType() == SbxDATE || rOp.GetType() == SbxDATE ) )
>> -                        aL.eType = SbxDATE;
> is that intentional?
thank you thank you!!! no it wasn't intentional, I intended to put back
the orig code here ( in 3.4 )

> i'm +1 for putting the original change back, and perhaps also for your
> changed variant if you have a good explanation :)
this change ( the variant )  is what is on master, here the intention is
as Andrew pointed out ( in a previous mail discussing the regression )
to allow operations on date types return dates ( regardless of the
operation ) which seems reasonable.
I didn't intend to commit this variant to 3.4, just restore the orig
code, seems though I copied the wrong part of the the diff output from
adcba12537d047f5ad65334b65512615311cf872

I will commit the orig fix, thanks for spotting that

Noel