[Libreoffice] fdo 44516 label printing misplaced; advise asked

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 07:45:01 PST 2012

On 01/13/2012 04:35 PM, Winfried Donkers wrote:
>> However, I would prefer improving configmgr (if need be) over switching
>> the label data to yet another format.
>
> What format are you thinking of? As I am doing a lot of rework on the file (the diff file is 1.2MB),
> it may  the the right moment to change the format. The current format does not look efficient to me.

Note that it was Micheal who brought up the idea of another format ("use
a different format / chunk of code for label descriptions"), not me.  I
rather argue not to bring in another format (i.e., something different
from the current XML .xcu format that is made available to LO via
configmgr).

What do you mean with "The current format does not look efficient to
me."  Efficient in terms of what?  And with "format," do you mean the
specific .xcs schema to describe labels in the XML .xcu format, or using
the XML .xcu format at all for those labels?

Stephan