[Libreoffice] Check for updates uses keep-alive / impacts the server (opengrok, tinderbox..)

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 03:47:00 PST 2012

Hi Christian, all

Christian Lohmaier-2 wrote

> my beta3 defaults to having the weekly auto-check enabled.

My bad for not having noticed the fantastic Online Update configuration
under Tools, Options.
I was so happy that there was a Check for Updates option  in the Help menu
that I didn't realize there was much more. This definitely needs a HUGE
propaganda in the 3.5 Release Notes!
Kudos to all that worked on this!

Christian Lohmaier-2 wrote

> The problem is just this:
> SNIP
> But the "bad case" is that the 3 cashiers won't serve the next
> customer unless the previous one did say "I'm done with shopping" as
> the customer might bring another piece to buy, but never does so.
> SNIP

Thank you for the clear supermarket analogy ;)
I'm glad the cashiers are no longer waiting for the undecided customer :)

Christian Lohmaier-2 wrote

> So thanks a lot Thorsten :-)

+10 ;)

Regards,