[Libreoffice] rpath / ... for extensions (and the case of PostgreSQL-SDBC)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Sun Jan 22 23:56:43 PST 2012

On 01/22/2012 05:55 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With respect to fdo#45090, that is the GNU/Linux dlopen() does not
> find libldap50.so when loading PostgreSQL-SDBC's
> postgresql-sdbc-impl.uno.so.
>
> "Naturally", libldap50.so is in $INSTALL_DIR/program/.
>
> Have we already solved this problem, and if yes, how do I apply the
> solution to PostgreSQL-SDBC?

The "solution" is that extensions must only link against the handful of
libraries in the URE interface (basically cppu, cppuhelper, sal,
salhelper) and not against any others provided by LO.  Everything else
is not supported and is an error.

The best fix would probably be to change postgresql-sdbc.oxt from a
bundled extension into an -- optionally installable, but "proper" --
part of the installation.

A workaround hack for Linux would indeed be to modify RPATH, see
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2012-January/023463.html>
(RUNPATH is link-time only, btw.).

Stephan