[Libreoffice] [REVIEW][3-5] let postgresql-sdbc find its dependencies

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 07:44:15 PST 2012

On 01/23/2012 04:16 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> "only fixed" is exaggerated. Maybe "most cleanly fixed".

I came rather late to this discussion, so may miss some point
completely.  If you know of a non-hacky fix that does not require giving
up the oxt, I'd be more than happy to not do the change.  (And no,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not qualify as a non-hacky fix.  We are happy that
we got rid of it long ago.)

>> Whether the functionality actually works there however is not clear
>> to me, as I have no recipe how to test it.
>
> I'm working on that. Doing a recompile with your patch applied.

There's still a bug in the patch, second last line of
connectivity/source/drivers/postgresql/makefile.mk must use SHL2TARGETN
instead of SHL1TARGETN.

> I notice that this makes the PostgreSQL-SDBC code optional to
> *install*, but not optional to *compile*. Are we OK with that?

Already fixing that, re-adding a --disable-postgresql-sdbc switch.

Stephan