[Libreoffice] Build fails for Tail_build

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Jan 24 02:37:00 PST 2012

Hi Anurag,

On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 09:07 +0530, Anurag Jain wrote:
> I've been building LO and it seems build is failing for me in
> tail_build for one of the unit test. I asked about if there is any
> work around other than cleaning and rebuilding this big chunk in the
> main channel.

	Ah :-) so - of course, something is going wrong there, either in the
code, or in the unit test itself.

> File tested,Test Result,Execution Time (ms)
> file:///home/anurag/libo/core/svtools/qa/cppunit/data/wmf/pass/CVE-2006-4071-1.wmf,filters-test.cxx:123:Assertion
> Test name: SvtoolsFiltersTest::testCVEs
> assertion failed
> - Expression: osl::FileBase::E_None == osl::File::remove(sTmpFile)

	Something is failing; as a quick & nasty cheat, you could simply

rm home/anurag/libo/core/svtools/qa/cppunit/data/wmf/pass/CVE-2006-4071-1.wmf

> Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:

	Or - failing that, we can try this lot:

> export DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE            # for exception catching
> export GDBCPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args" # for interactive debugging
> export VALGRIND=memcheck            # for memory checking

	To see what is going wrong; try the gdb --args - and see what it is
trying to remove, and why it is not there and/or what error the
osl::File::remove returns [ perhaps tweaking the test code itself ].

	Also - you'll prolly want to:

	cd core/svtools ; make clean ; make debug=true -j2

	to get some better locality and debug symbols to help.

	And of course pastebin the output to the dev channel for some help with
that :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.