[Libreoffice] bootstrap repos (was: Re: Problem with clipboard paste in 3.5)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Jan 25 01:31:46 PST 2012

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 18:38 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> it seems we have somebody unfortunate enough to try to build the master
> branch from bootstrap repos once a week; would it be possible to do
> something to prevent that?

	We could commit a huge warning to the end of configure.in in there that
prints out:

	"You are using the wrong branch, obsolete since 2010"

	etc. :-)

> e.g. create a master-backup that points at the current master commit,
> then let master point to an empty source tree; that way people should
> notice something's wrong when they try... any opinions from git experts?

	Sure - or we could do that. Are packagers still using build ? there is
no particular git-ness about either approach. It is easy to create a
libreoffice-3-5 branch from master there [ if it even works ], and then
just delete everything in master.

	ATB,

		Michael.