[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] 3-5, 3-5-0, 3-4 corrupted Indic characters and crash under Windows fdo#44208, fdo#45107

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 07:44:36 PST 2012

2012/1/25 Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com>:

> So it seems to have been working correctly under Linux anyway. Can
> you find out what the value of aLocale is in
> OutputDevice::GetDefaultFont under windows for your failing case, i.e. a
> trace with the attached patch in place.

Result on Windows is confusing. My test language was Hindi (hi).

Case 1 - without the patch in officecfg
default-font entry for "hi" "IN" "" added
searching for a node for "en" "" "" for type UI_SANS
result is "Andale Sans UI;Arial Unicode MS;Lucida Sans
Unicode;Tahoma;DejaVu Sans;Albany AMT;Albany;Arial;Nimbus Sans
L;Interface User;WarpSans;Geneva;Tahoma;MS Sans
Serif;Helv;Dialog;Lucida;Helvetica;Charcoal;Chicago;Helmet;Interface
System;Sans Serif"
searching for a node for "hi" "" "" for type UI_SANS
result is ""
searching for a node for "en" "" "" for type UI_SANS
result is "Andale Sans UI;Arial Unicode MS;Lucida Sans
Unicode;Tahoma;DejaVu Sans;Albany AMT;Albany;Arial;Nimbus Sans
L;Interface User;WarpSans;Geneva;Tahoma;MS Sans
Serif;Helv;Dialog;Lucida;Helvetica;Charcoal;Chicago;Helmet;Interface
System;Sans Serif"
searching for a node for "hi" "IN" "" for type UI_SANS
result is "Lohit Hindi;Mangal;Lucidasans;Lucida Sans;Andale Sans
UI;Arial Unicode MS;Lucida Sans Unicode;clearlyU"
searching for a node for "hi" "IN" "" for type UI_SANS
result is "Lohit Hindi;Mangal;Lucidasans;Lucida Sans;Andale Sans
UI;Arial Unicode MS;Lucida Sans Unicode;clearlyU"
searching for a node for "hi" "IN" "" for type UI_SANS
result is "Lohit Hindi;Mangal;Lucidasans;Lucida Sans;Andale Sans
UI;Arial Unicode MS;Lucida Sans Unicode;clearlyU"
Some characters are corrupted.

Case 2 - with the patch in officecfg
default-font entry for "hi" "" "" added
[...]
All characters are correct.

BTW it was not called from outdev3.cxx, I did not get log messages
from there, until I created a new document.

Cheers,
Andras