[Libreoffice] LibreOffice / openIndiana ...

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 08:53:43 PST 2012

On 26/01/12 17:42, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Jonathan Adams <t12nslookup at gmail.com> wrote:

good to hear you're making some progress there :)

>> files soltools/adjustvisibility/makefile.mk
>> soltools/mkdepend/makefile.mk soltools/util/makefile.pmk: (probably
>> not safe if SunStudio is the compiler ... )
>> remove Cstd lines
>
> 'adjustvisibility'  seems to be a SunStudio 8 ack... should not be
> nedeed at all for gcc build

indeed, from what i remember adjustvisibility works around some
deficiency in SunStudio to make the crash reporter produce useful
backtraces.  but currently we don't use the crash reporter on any
platform anyway (no server backend).

the problem you're going to hit pretty soon is that our new GNU make
based build system doesn't have support for Solaris/GCC currently; there
is only solenv/gbuild/platform/solaris.mk which is only SunStudio.

probably at first it would be best to replace the bits in there that use
compiler specific stuff with the equivalents from
solenv/gbuild/platform/unxgcc.mk until you have something that builds,
later we can refactor it to remove duplications etc.