[Libreoffice] LibreOffice / openIndiana ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Jan 26 09:55:35 PST 2012

Hi Jonathan,

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 16:14 +0000, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> beginning to get somewhere with GCC ... gonna update the list of changes so far:

	Great :-) if you do a:

	'git diff'

	and just send the patch with some nice license is: MPL/LGPLv3+
statement, we can at least review and push to master :-)

> I compile with explicit CC and CXX compilers:
> ./autogen.sh  CC=/usr/gcc/4.6/bin/gcc CXX=/usr/gcc/4.6/bin/g++
> LD=/usr/gnu/bin/ld MAKE=/usr/bin/gmake \
> --with-jdk-home=/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0 \
> --disable-ccache \
> --disable-epm \
> --disable-mozilla \
> --disable-neon \
> --disable-odk \
> --disable-opengl \
> --disable-systray \
> --with-alloc=system \
> --with-fonts \
> --without-stlport \
> --with-system-libxml

	It's prolly a good idea to create a distro-config/OpenIndiana.conf or
somesuch and codify this little lot in there.

> It's further than it has been up until this point, 1/4 of the way
> around the nice animated status indicator ...

	Great :-)

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 16:52 +0000, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> I'm coming to the conclusion that the system doesn't believe I'm using
> GCC ... nss keeps trying to build with "-KPIC", rather than "-fPIC"
> ... any suggestions and I'll eagerly try them :)

	Right - I -imagine- that (in general) the build system ( of which we
have both dmake and gnumake (transitioning to the latter) ) assumes that
Solaris == SUNPRO.

	IMHO, we should change that to Solaris == gcc - and remove all the old
sunpro cruft, without any attempt at adding conditionals for that heap
[ much easier too ;-]. As Michael Stahl says, that will mean some
hackery in:

	solenv/gbuild/platform/solaris.mk

	Hope that helps :-)

		Michael.