[Libreoffice] minutes of ESC call ...

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 27 07:44:58 PST 2012

Hey,

> * unit test framework issues (Markus)
>        + we are missing an important feature
>        + cppunit development appears dead/stalled for 2+ yrs
>                + but we support system-cppunit
>        + can we not just declare ourselves the new up-stream
>          for cppunit (Lionel)
>        + requiring an internal cppunit not a big deal ? (Norbert)
>                + always internal one for dbgutil anyway (Markus)
>        + three options: (Stephan)
>                1. always use internal / patched version
>                2. there is a cppunit2 in Launchpad
>                        + is it compatible ? or even more active ?
>                3. re-evaluate whether we need cppunit, or something
>                   else: google stuff eg. 'testing framework'
>        + looked into cppunit2 (Markus)
>                + stopped development at same time ~2009
>                + project dead too.
>        + prefer our own version, or switch to new framework
>          for integration tests (Markus)

> AA:     + create new cppunit repository at freedesktop (Michael)

done, thanks Michael

> AA:     + import existing cppunit repo into it (Markus (with Kendy))

With a lot of help by kendy done. Repository is now at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/cppunit. I also tagged several
of the last releases so that you get them easily if needed.

I added some of our own patches and will now have a look how to
integrate the needed functions. Talk to me if you think that we are
missing a cppunit feature for testing Libreoffice. The point I want to
implement for our internal tests is a setUp/tearDown method per
Fixture/Suite/TestClass ( extremelly important for all tests based on
BootstrapFixture[Base])

Markus