[Libreoffice] PDF converter cross compilation general questions

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jan 30 04:37:46 PST 2012

Hi Andrzej,

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 13:31 +0200, Andrzej.Pacanowski at tieto.com wrote:
> We need to display documents on custom display (no X11) arm linux.
> Easiest way is to utilize existing PDF reader and just convert them
> with LO. Am I wrong?

	Well - it remains to be seen :-) quite probably our Android work will
end up giving us a nice backend to render documents incrementally to
pixels, without having the native UI - at least, as a first cut.

> Also lately I found that we might use VCL as entry point and override
> necessary stuff to make our display accessible to app. But as I said
> we need only to display - not edit.

	Sure - so that shouldn't be -so- hard. We already have pure native-code
that renders things to abstract pixel arrays, that is used by the gtk3,
headless, and android backends - it shouldn't be impossibly hard to
re-purpose that to your display system I guess.

	HTH,

		Michael.