[Libreoffice] PDF converter cross compilation general questions

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jan 30 05:49:43 PST 2012

Hi there,

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 14:56 +0200, Andrzej.Pacanowski at tieto.com wrote:
> > 	Well - it remains to be seen :-) quite probably our Android work will
> > end up giving us a nice backend to render documents incrementally to
> > pixels, without having the native UI - at least, as a first cut.
>
> Is this work available somewhere in repo ? It would be nice to look at this
> and check what would be need to be done by us.

	The vast majority of it is in master (and 3.5) but recently (to avoid
cross-compiling thrash on updates), we've used a 'feature/android'
branch .

> > 	Sure - so that shouldn't be -so- hard. We already have pure native-code
> > that renders things to abstract pixel arrays, that is used by the gtk3,
> > headless, and android backends - it shouldn't be impossibly hard to
> > re-purpose that to your display system I guess.
>
> And that's what I'm searching for. Thanks for your help. I rly appreciate it.

	Poke at vcl/android/ it should be fairly clear (I hope) - although,
currently we're mostly just rendering error dialogs instead of
documents :-) [ but that is changing ] - it'd be great to hack with you
there.

	All the best,

		Michael.