[Libreoffice] getopt in sal/osl

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 23:29:30 PST 2012

On 02/01/2012 05:14 AM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> Looking at gbuildifying idlc, I noticed the glibc hack to get a getopt
> implementation on platform that don't have a native one.
>
> so, I wrote a gnu-compatile implementation based on
> http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man3/getopt.3.html
>
> and I intend to add it to osl for platform that do not define
> HAVE_GETOPT="YES" in configure.in
[...]
> If you feel strongly against that, please let me know.

I'm not too excited, given that our code base is already too large,
anyway, and adding something to sal has higher maintenance implications
than adding it outside the URE interface.

So, if there is a reasonably cheap alternative (like Boost's Program
Options), I wouldn't mind if we used that instead.

Stephan