found nearly perfect tinderbox build - but still errors due to missing files

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jul 2 05:56:40 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 11:57 +0200, Philipp Riemer wrote:
> today I discovered the tinderbox master status page
> <http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/MASTER/status.html> and I like it!

	:-) thankfully they are green again today.

> But I don't know how often these are checked by other people... While
> glancing over the different columns I found something strange (at
> least for me):

	So ...

> (1) I realized that at least 3 errors are hopefully easily fixable
> (see e.g. <http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1341202801.31845#38613>):

	If you want to fix warnings to make the tinderboxen warning-free -
that'd be much appreciated :-) of course, you can simulate that locally
by just doing:

	make clean ; make 2>&1 | tee /tmp/log | grep -n warning

	or somesuch I guess :-)

> When checking the directory with Git (I am not yet very skilled in
> this program) it seems that commit
> 9544c14f4a931d8d8b2e66a6cb87fb53d4505cd4 created the folder

	So git doesn't track directories, only files in them (AFAICS) so
perhaps that's the first file created there ? :-)

> "reportbuilder/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/" with
> "DbReportWindowState.xcs", "ReportCommands.xcs", and "makefile.mk". In
> I did find the files in
> "reportbuilder/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/". So it seems
> as if the search path is somewhere mis-configured.

	Patches most welcome to fix it :-)

> (2) The same build log
> <http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1341202801.31845>
> shows only *42* errors.

	So - of course, the tinderbox scripts mis-classify this many warnings
as errors, since the builds are completing.

> = oasis =
> Warning: No template found for item :
> ../../unxlngx6/misc/libreoffice/mimelnklist.unxlngx6/oasis-drawing-flat-xml.desktop:
> No such file or directory

	Looks like nailing this (prolly quite easy) would fix a lot of these.

> Sorry for bothering you with such a long mail with mostly copy&paste
> text, but I think that by fixing just a few lines we could easily end
> up with _zero_ errors which would help a lot to spot real errors in
> the tinderbox builds.

	Yep - would be nice :-) please do have a go at it ! failing that,
filing an Easy Hack would be good (just a matter of getting the
whiteboard status right in a bug).

	Thanks,

		Michael.