Removal of throbber.src

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Jul 3 10:14:10 PDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 13:13 +0200, Thomas Arnhold wrote:
> I recently removed the unused throbber.src.

	Sounds reasonable :-)

> See:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0d53a8336bd6b55fb89873ce7e2cd623468f282e
> For me it doesn't make a difference between images*.zip. If I unzip it
> and search for spinner-* it's always the same result:

	And you re-built images.zip from clean ? [ bearing in mind that
images.zip is itself built using the output from the compiled .src files
so to be entirely sure you'd want to build completely from clean. At
least, unless something new happened:

-// TODO: we need a mechanism to add images to images.zip, *without*
-// referring them in resource files. The below resources are never
loaded
-// at runtime, instead, the images in images.zip are accessed via
-// private:graphicrepository/* URLs.

	It's possible that some images can be included in some new way I
suppose, but unless you built from clean, I'd be nervous that this just
came from a stale .ilst files that are built from the .src files. cf.
./solver/unxlngi6.pro/res/img/

> So I assume the other spinner images are unused?! Or is there some
> missing link I don't get?

	It's quite possibly / probable of course :-) but ... given the comment
in that removed .src file - I'd be extra careful - and chase all callers
of the method that builds those string file names etc.

	Thanks !

		Michael.