git hooks (was: Improve doc about gerrit/setup)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Jul 10 04:02:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 07:42:02AM +0200, Christophe JAILLET wrote:
> Googling, to had this Change-Id, I found that I had to run
>     scp -p -P 29418 <username on gerrit.libreoffice.or <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/>g>@gerrit.libreoffice.org:hooks/commit-msg
> .git/hooks

You shouldnt need do that manually. All the libreoffice git hooks are in the
core-repo in the ./git-hooks directory and should be automatically setup
already, if they are not a:

 ./g -z

should set them up. Here is the catch: this fails here currently. I never
confidently understood how the ./g hook setup is supposed to work, but I tried
to fix this with:

 https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/284/

@Michael or Norbert: Does that make sense?

Best,