gerrit: polishing web UI

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Jul 11 02:47:47 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 07:14:32AM +0200, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> We will have to read and look at that page quite a bit. So real-estate
> should not be wasted and quite frankly that 'new' white on bright
> green color theme is maybe very visible but also hard on the eyes.

I think we should not revolutionize the theming of gerrit. It is looking rather
nice now and while we can have some evolutionary tweaks there, we shouldnt
throw away what we have (esp. not for something which violates our own branding
guidelines).

So: If someone has a patch for the gerrit theming -- awesome. If someone want
to redo the whole layout, I would have reservations.

Also: The website team is in need of more people helping out with the
frontpage, so if someone what to tweak websites and layout, that is the place
to start. Jean (in CC) just started some good work there, if anyone wants to
join her, that would be most welcome.

> that is the kind of things that would motivate me to write a
> grease-monkey script or to use the command line.

Well, we will never find a theme that pleases all. So lets stop discussing this
for now.

Best,

Bjoern