Calc's tab colors and GTK tabs

Ruslan Kabatsayev b7.10110111 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 07:35:43 PDT 2012

Hi,

It seems there's no easy way for this. Some themes, e.g. QtCurve and
oxygen-gtk, don't have special color inside tabs (like Clearlooks or
Glossy have), and all we can do with them is rendering the colored
background and then the tabs, so we'll get ugly squares under tabs
(and I'm not sure if QtCurve has similar "translucent" tabs with
respect to background as oxygen-gtk).

One way around this might be to render translucent rounded rectangle
fading to its borders under the text, but I guess this would look ugly
for most themes.

So, maybe it was a bad idea to render tabs in native way at all. Maybe
we should just try to develop a generic tab look, which wouldn't look
as prehistoric as old ones did, and not follow native style (native
styles already don't have trapezoid shaped tabs)?

> Do you think this regression would be something you could take care of, should someone else tackle this?
I think I'll take care of it as soon as I have some ideas on how to do
this best. I'd like to hear from someone else what they think.

Regards,
Ruslan