Contributions (Alfresco)

David Nelson lists at traduction.biz
Sat Jul 14 02:55:14 PDT 2012

Hi Sanket,

> On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 07:24 -0600, sanketsharma at dukstra.com wrote:
>> I have extensive experience in document management systems and would
>> like to contribute on that. (Getting alfresco up and running,
>> customizations, workflows etc.) or am I missing something here?
>
> I though you were referring to the one above ;) You'll need to ping
> David Nelson on this list to check the status of our server / workflow,
> etc.

We currently have Alfresco up and running just fine. The question of
workflows and customizations is one we'd have to discuss further with
the docs team. As far as visual customizations (theming) goes, we're
pretty much done there. The docs team currently uses Alfresco pretty
effectively as it is "out-of-the-box", without any workflows at all.
They probably wouldn't have much to suggest in this area, as they are
not very familiar with the concepts of workflows on Alfresco. It would
be more up to you to make suggestions in that area.

Help with organizing registered users into groups, and setting-up
rational permissions for groups over folders and content would be a
very useful contribution, as would simple on-going help with Alfresco
administration. We currently have a need to set-up SSO on Alfresco, or
to enable self-service registration on the platform. Or some rational
arrangements in respect of all that. Any proposals would be heard with
great interest...

--
David Nelson