fdo#36187 Swedish accelerators

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 03:41:46 PDT 2012

Hi Lionel,

2012/7/15 Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu>:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 04:55:15PM +0200, Andras Timar wrote:
>
>> Swedish localizers asked for special accelerator keys, because Ctrl +
>> [ and ] are not accessible from Swedish keyboard.
>
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=4090ec5c4c8c68783ef94460d0809377769944e7
>
> This looks to me like it enables these alternate shortcuts
> independently of the keyboard layout, but depending on one of LibO UI
> language or maybe document language.
>
> Maybe that's the least bad we can easily do, but it is the wrong
> conditional: Think of people using an English UI to work on a document
> written in Danish (or Portuguese).

It depends on the UI language. I admit that this is not a perfect
solution, e.g. I use English UI with Hungarian keyboard layout, but I
cannot think of anything better at the moment. For the minority, who
use different UI localization and keyboard layout, it is still
possible to manually re-define accelerators.

Best regards,
Andras