Patching our gerrit instance [was Re: [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review]

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Jul 18 10:11:53 PDT 2012

Hi Bjoern,

On 2012-07-02 at 18:44 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:

> > When I click "Diff All Side-by-Side" (or "Diff All Unified"), it shows
> > me only the first file with a link to the (diff) of the next file. I
> > expected to see the diff for *all* files on one page. That is much
> > more convenient to check if the changes in one file match the changes
> > in another file. For example: the signature of a function is called in
> > foo.h and everywhere it is called (in bar.cxx and qux.cxx), the call
> > is adapted correctly.
>
> There is gitweb to see all changes on one page. We might patch the diff-all
> button to link there too (although you cannot do inline comments there).

The [Diff All Unified] is completely unusable at the very moment, I have
no idea who might want to see the patch split into several open
windows ;-)  Luckily, the Qt guys apparently had the same problem, and
have a solution (the entire diff on one page, without abandoning the
inline commenting):

http://qt.gitorious.org/qtqa/gerrit/commit/737400d1bad4fa8bfd39cb326636a0307014901f

So - what to do about that?  Norbert had the right concerns that we
probably shouldn't patch our instance, but do we have another
possibility?

Another thing are the mail templates - can you please commit the current
mail templates that we are using on gerrit.libreoffice.org to
dev-tools/gerrit/gerrit_site/etc/mail, so that we can tweak them [eg. to
get rid of the ..... line], in a version-controlled way, and deploy them
back there easily?

Also, can you please make

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/commit/?id=72d5bdff8d4bae14f6a63fd67d988f637b0bbc07

live on the server?