Patching our gerrit instance [was Re: [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review]

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Jul 19 02:55:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 07:11:53PM +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> Luckily, the Qt guys apparently had the same problem, and
> have a solution (the entire diff on one page, without abandoning the
> inline commenting):
>
> http://qt.gitorious.org/qtqa/gerrit/commit/737400d1bad4fa8bfd39cb326636a0307014901f
>
> So - what to do about that?  Norbert had the right concerns that we
> probably shouldn't patch our instance, but do we have another
> possibility?

David pointed out there might be some issues with the patch IIRC and it cant be
upstreamed for licensing reasons (doh, yeah, awesome!). Since David has been
investgating there, I would trust his judgement how we can best solve this one.
@David: Any suggestion what the least sucking alternative is?

Personally, I wouldnt use that feature at all and simply navigate with the
keybindings through changes -- but as always, workflows differ.

> Another thing are the mail templates - can you please commit the current
> mail templates that we are using on gerrit.libreoffice.org to
> dev-tools/gerrit/gerrit_site/etc/mail, so that we can tweak them [eg. to
> get rid of the ..... line], in a version-controlled way, and deploy them
> back there easily?

Done (David uploaded to gerrit, I pushed).

> Also, can you please make
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/commit/?id=72d5bdff8d4bae14f6a63fd67d988f637b0bbc07
> live on the server?

Im already in firefighting mode on the distro-level today, so I better wont
tweak on another production system. Maybe Robert or Norbert can, the thing
seems trivial enough.

Best,

Bjoern