gbuild deps: removed header

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:57:38 PDT 2012

On 23 July 2012 11:23, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:
> On Sunday 22 of July 2012, Matúš Kukan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Should gbuild dependencies survive removed header ?
>>
>> Something like:
>> touch solver/*/inc/foo.h
>> +#include <foo.h>
>> e.g. in salhelper/source/condition.cxx
>> make gb_FULLDEPS=T salhelper
>> Now workdir/*/Dep/LinkTarget/Library/*salhelper*.d should contain foo.h
>> So:
>> rm solver/*/inc/foo.h
>> -#include <foo.h>
>> in salhelper/source/condition.cxx
>> and make gb_FULLDEPS=T salhelper fails for me. Is it expected ?
>> I thought it could work.
>
>  And it does, at least here.

You are lucky :-)
IMHO it should not.

>  I did not use gb_FULLDEPS=T though, if you had to use that because
> of --disable-dependency-tracking, maybe that is broken.

I don't use --disable-dependency-tracking, so I don't need to use gb_FULLDEPS=T,
I just wanted to be sure, that anybody who tries this, has deps enabled.

>> Do we want to hack contac-deps and add @true there ?
>
>  No. That should not make any difference AFAIK. Your problem should be
> elsewhere.
>
>  See also the -MP option in gcc manpage.

Well, it works but not for headers from solver/ because we use
$(OUTDIR)/inc/% :
    $$(call gb_Deliver_deliver,$$<,$$@)

Best,
Matus