Tinderbox nightlies broken (was Re: No Win builds?)

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 03:38:44 PDT 2012

On 22/07/12 16:36, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  There was one more thing broken. The recent changes to get dev-install
> working changed the package format built in the 'build' target to .zip, so
> there was no .msi package to upload. I've reverted that change and moved the
> FORCE2ARCHIVE part to dev-install,

oh i didn't notice that FORCE2ARCHIVE would prevent MSI from being
built, but looking at the actual instsetoo_native/util/makefile.mk it
overrides PKGFORMAT, so it's not a surprise :)

if we want to build a MSI anyway, then building the archive in
dev-install makes a lot of sense.

> but this whole 'build' target looks broken
> to me. What's the point of building a .msi archive there? Especially now with
> dev-install that looks completely pointless and it should have its own
> target.

"build" should build the install set(s) that the user has told configure
to build with the --with-package-format option.

apparently that defaults to nothing for Linux and to MSI for WNT.

for building everything except instset there is already a
build-packimages target.

> Does somebody understand this perl install cruft?

i, for one, certainly don't. which is why i've implemented dev-install
with FORCE2ARCHIVE, after finding that modifying ooinstall to call the
installer with --format=installed didn't yield success.

On 23/07/12 11:30, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Sunday 22 of July 2012, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

>> I added the push of LibO*.zip files in push_nightlies.sh.
>
>  Is there any point in uploading a .zip file with a Windows build?

that's a good question, it depends on what you want to test;
for testing office functionality it's probably easier to use zips
because they're trivial to install (just unzip) and use a private
profile directory automatically, but they don't have bundled MSVC
runtimes or system integration so you can't test that