[GSoC 2012][Collaboration] unit test story

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 02:17:41 PDT 2012

Hi Matúš,

On Thursday, 2012-07-26 09:39:43 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:

> I thought that 1-1 collaboration works quite like expected (you get a
> file on start.. now also you see contacts dialog updated when someone
> goes on/offline (both does not seem to work for gmail accounts
> though!)),
> So I was going to work on MUC collaboration but found out that it does
> not work at all.
> Then found out it's the same for 1-1.

Huh, it looked like it worked but didn't? ;-)

> I have tried to install .service and .client files at some time and
> they broke it, I need to investigate why.
> In unit test we use different service name.
> So - I'd like to change this and revert
> 5edcd7fa12c69c5b27d6b317f380f266f292008d
> Eike, would that be fine ?
> I am not sure what for was that.. to be able to run unit test while
> real LibO is running ?

Yes, shouldn't be used in any other case.

> Would we want that ?

Well, apparently I needed it somehow during that time.. problem is you
can't register two instances for the same DBus name, so I had to shut
down real instance to run test, fire up again, ... probably was tired of
that ;-)

So yes, you can revert that commit, but check the LIBO_DTUBE_SERVICE
name definition, after reverting instead of "org.libreoffice.calc" it
would be something ending in "LibreOfficeTeleTest" that surely is not
correct :)  And we may need TeleManager::getFullObjectPath() that would
be removed as well when reverting.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD