1.6Gb of workdir/.../Dep

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jun 1 01:55:45 PDT 2012

So,

	I was wondering, as I tried to work out where my disk space had
gone ... ;-) why we have such an excessive size of Dep files. I
appreciate that dependencies were totally busted in the past, and that
life should now be a lot better; but ...

$ du -m workdir/unxlngi6.pro/Dep | sort -n
90128	Dep/CxxObject/sd
109700	Dep/UnoApiPartTarget/offapi/com/sun/star
109704	Dep/UnoApiPartTarget/offapi/com/sun
109708	Dep/UnoApiPartTarget/offapi/com
109712	Dep/UnoApiPartTarget/offapi
135020	Dep/UnoApiPartTarget
142516	Dep/CxxObject/sc/source
143320	Dep/CxxObject/sc
162596	Dep/CxxObject/sw/source
163652	Dep/CxxObject/sw
452440	Dep/LinkTarget/Library
462560	Dep/LinkTarget
904564	Dep/CxxObject
1575964	Dep

	Seems like quite a lot - interestingly it's larger than the cxx
objects, and the shared libraries and ... > 50% of workdir/

	It is true I use an /opt/libreoffice/master - prefix instead of /a/b -
but even so ...

	Sadly, catting all those .d files into a pipeline, sorting them etc.
appears to consume my 4Gb of available disk space and fail ;-) there are
after all 21 million lines there.

	Ho hum,

		Michael.