Rotated glyphs

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Jun 1 13:42:03 PDT 2012

Hi Caolán,

I've just pushed this:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=ac25f124858b79e302adcc533d6a658d5c529394

I think it does the right thing, but because I know ~nothing about
fonts, better to have your attention there :-) - can you please have a
look?

I believe this makes the behavior consistent with what I am seeing on
Windows, and results in the correct bounding box, ie. bounding box that
corresponds to the text that is shown on the screen.  Without this, the
consequent commit

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=9311947aa0bbfda60af8f97d850d6e5b909d62b5

renders the rulers correctly on Windows, but on Linux, the vertical
ruler has the numbers way too much to the left; the reason is that the
baseline is rotated, but not the glyph itself.

I only wonder this hasn't bitten us earlier...

Thank you,
Kendy