Continuing converting ScMyTables in feature/gsoc-calc-perf

Daniel Bankston daniel.dev.libreoffice at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:33:43 PDT 2012

On 06/01/2012 02:56 AM, Daniel Bankston wrote:

> I think before I can move forward, I need to know what to do about
> ScMyTables::IsMerged(), ScMyTables::DoMerge(), and
> ScMyTables::UnMerge().  ScMyTables references its own merge methods,
> but I'm not sure what would cause these methods to be actually be
> called.  They aren't called on the test files I've tried so far.  As
> we have discovered, the merge methods in ScXMLTableRowCellContext are
> called, though.  What do you sc gurus think?
>
> I need to figure out what to do with the merge methods because the
> ScMyTables add/new/insert row/column methods reference the ScMyTables
> merge methods (although the code path that references them never seems
> to be taken.)

Hi, Kohei and Markus,

With the attached diff (diff to the latest pushed commit on
feature/gsoc-calc-perf), I was able to build and open my test ods files
with merged cells and content without problems.  The patch removes the
ScMyTables merge methods and adjusts the add/new/insert row/column
methods.  The big thing here is in ScMyTables::InsertColumn/Row(), there
is a for loop that never seems to be entered that contains calls to
IsMerged() and UNO interfaces.  If the logic in the for loop isn't
needed, then ScMyTables::InsertColumn/Row() is unnecessary, and we can
just directly call ScMyStylesImportHelper::InsertCol/Row() from
ScMyTables::NewColumn/Row().

I won't commit this until you guys have had a chance to give input and
guidance on it.

Respectfully,
Daniel Bankston